2/19/12

Transformation

Upon reading an encouraging blog of a friend, I decided to concentrate on this passage he mentioned from Mere Christianity by C. S. Lewis:

The real Son of God is at your side. He is beginning to turn you into the same kind of thing as Himself. He is beginning...to turn the tin soldier into a live man. The part of you that does not like it is the part that is still tin...Put it right out of your head the idea that these are only fancy ways of saying that Christians are to read what Christ said and try to carry it out - as a man may read what Plato or Marx said and try to carry it out. They mean something much more than that. They mean that a real Person, Christ, here and now, in that very room where you are saying your prayers, is doing things to you...It is a living Man, still as much a man as you, and still as much God as He was when he created the world, really coming and interfering with your very self; killing the old natural self in you and replacing it with the kind of self He has.

Pretty awesome. I want this. I want to let Him do this to me. I need give of myself to Him. I want to sing:

I'm to far from where I started
And too close to where I'm going,
To think of ever turning around;
For my eyes are fixed on Jesus
And I love this narrow way,
This old world holds no attraction,
I'm Heaven bound.

Jesus, I need you. I need you to help me to give more of myself to you. I cannot hold to anything of this world; it is all worthless. I want to build treasures in Heaven and to spend eternity with you and I ask that you transform me to be more like you! Help me and encourage me on this: My time here on earth is just a passing; I am here only to serve my purpose you have for me. What greater reward is there than to spend eternity with you? Thank you for what you have done for me though I deserve none of it. Amen.

No comments: