4/28/12

Passion. Are you and I passionate?

A few weeks ago we celebrated Passion Week, or the passion of Christ when He gave His life for us. We celebrate the pain and blood of Jesus and we thank Him for saving us from sin. We thank God for the relationship we now can have with Him through His Son. United.
Passion of the Christ
Now, what about your passion? My passion? Our passion? Do we have passion to live for Jesus? Do we have passion to give love to others? Do we have passion to serve others? Do we have passion to care for others? Do we have passion to pray for ourselves? For our sanctification? For others? For the saving of precious souls? Do we have the passion for commitment to the life Jesus asks us to live? To fulfill our purpose? To spread God's love to others? How can we revive or get the passion we need? 

There are people GOING TO HELL. DAMNATION is going to happen. There is no gray area about this. We need revival of souls and we have a harvest of souls to reap. We are we doing about it? 

Are we still sitting in apathy? Are we getting up from our butts? Are we going out about our daily errands and routines and showing or telling others of God's love for them? Still don't understand what passion is or what a passionate person would do?

pas·sion [pash-uhn], noun


1. any powerful or compelling emotion or feeling, as love or hate.

2. strong amorous feeling or desire; love; ardor.
This kid is sure to show the world what he is passionate about. In his
imagination, he saves the world!
This is passion for pleasure-seeking thrills of homosexuality
This is passion for convenient murder of fetuses
This is passion for PETA (save the animals but kill babies??)
This is passion for our freedoms. Sadly, many may not recognize
 the main character in this picture.

So, you've seen examples of passion for causes and there are many more. The world has a passion for indulgences in sin. We must have a passion for the opposite. We must have a passion to be HOT, to be ON FIRE for God. Remember, in a previous post, I mentioned that Jesus will spit out the LUKEWARM. He wants nothing to do with you if you are lukewarm.

I don't want to be spat out. I want to be on fire for God. I want to show people God's love. I'm struggling with this. One reason is that I'm a little shy about approaching strangers in public. I talk to people behind counters and at cash registers only about the customer service. I have trouble sometimes having people understand me because of my slight or not so slight speech impediment, thus I keep silent unless I absolutely have to speak. Sometimes I just get enough courage to just speak to someone and it fails and I feel stupid and just quietly leave. It would be nice to have some tracts I can personally give to people. I want to set up a Prayer Station. My church, Bluffton Wesleyan Chapel, has a kit and we have used it a few times, but I have not done it with them yet.

I want passion. To be passionate. I need to ask the Lord to spark the desire for passion of reaping a ripe harvest of sinners. To reach out to others with the Gospel. To get my hands dirty helping others in need. To be exhausted because I cared for someone. I want to not be lukewarm. I want more humility.

Lukewarm doesn't do anything. Lukewarmness doesn't enhance, detract, or change. Lukewarm water doesn't refresh and lukewarm food isn't appetizing. Lukewarm lovers don't last in a relationship.

We would still be stuck in sin and tiring practices of sacrifices if God wasn't passionate in His love for us. He repeatedly answered Israel's cry and saved them from His enemies although Israel also repeatedly disobeyed God's admonition to obey His commandments. This admonition is mentioned at least 69 times in the Old and New Testaments. Obey His commandments! God sacrificially gave His Son to die on a tree for our sin. Imagine sacrificing your child. Would you do it? Would you have a passion enough for a cause to sacrifice your own child?

You see, we must be passionate as God is passionate. Think about it while I work on another post. What is it to be a passionate Christian? Only if you want to be a passionate Christian, you may look forward to and  return to read the next post.

Sorry if this post is a little jumbled. This is me jotting my thoughts down...I don't write in a book before posting. I don't like to write. I like to type, so, basically, you're reading my journal. Just not the very personal stuff. You want to know? No? I didn't think so. Til next post, very soon...




No comments: