3/18/09

As the days go by...

As the days go by, I continue to struggle to be more prayerful, to deepen my desire to read and study God's word, and to put my entire trust in God. There are many days that I don't feel like I'm a Christian and it can be depressing. But I do know that this is Satan working. He works so incredibly hard to destroy your very soul, which is indescribably precious to God. Sadly enough, I've made it too easy for Satan to work his wiles against me. I must use Scripture and prayer as effective tools against Satan and to have victory over him.

Ephesians 6:11, NLT: Put on all of God's armor so that you will be able to stand firm against all strategies of the devil.

As I have mentioned in the last blog, I have someone with whom I hold my accountability and this person has helped me tremendously by explaining a few things that I didn't understand at all or completely. He has helped me to see things from a different light. I am thankful for his help. I came across Scripture speaking of friendship and I find this so true:

Ecclesiastes 4:9-12, NLT: Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed. If one person falls, the other can reach out and help. But someone who falls alone is in real trouble. Likewise, two people lying close together can keep each other warm. But how can one be warm alone? A person standing alone can be attacked and defeated, but two can stand back-to-back and conquer. Three are even better, for a triple-braided cord is not easily broken.

Brittany has also been helping me. I have to work four Sunday nights out of seven. I will go to www.hobesoundbiblechurch.com and watch the service online. Although I don't know what is being said, Brittany helps me out by typing up notes and sending them to me via email. The singing is also nice compared to some of the coworker's music I'm stuck listening to and I don't quite care for some of it. Heavy metal? Eww. Haha. I'm so thankful for this and Bro. Wolfe has spoken great sermons. Thanks to Brittany for the extra time to help someone out in need. :)

Just to mention some of my favorite passages:
Proverbs 4
Romans 6
John 3

I read them in KJV, NLT, and then Matthew Henry's Commentary. This greatly helps me to understand what I am reading. I have read this Scripture over and over and it only gets better everytime. :)

Ok, not to let this get too long, but I want to let you know that the blog helps me to keep myself going. I don't want to have to say that I've quit trying or given up on God, saying it's too hard. I want to keep myself moving forward toward the Glory Land some sweet day. And I can record that in here. And you'll know that I have a testimony.

So, I had better get to my duties at work. It's quite boring tonight.

I hope to post something about photography soon. It's getting warm out and I'm raring to go out and capture some great shots. :)

Bye ya'll.

No comments: